Tenure-Track Faculty Search: Assistant Professor of Aerospace
The Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at the California Institute of Technology (GALCIT) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level. We are seeking highly qualified candidates committed to a career in teaching, mentoring and research excellence in the broad area of aerospace. We have particular strategic needs in solid mechanics, reacting/high-speed flows, and autonomy/robotics for aerospace, but we are conducting a broad search spanning all areas of aerospace. It is anticipated that a successful candidate would collaborate broadly with investigators both within and beyond the Engineering and Applied Science Division, as well as in centers at Caltech including, for example, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the Center for Autonomous Systems and Technologies, the Center for Quantum Precision Measurement, and the Resnick Sustainability Institute. The appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D. degree in an appropriate engineering or science related discipline.
Applications should be completed online by December 15, 2023; however, the review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt.
1. a brief essay (no more than 4 pages) describing research goals and plans and how these are supported by previous academic qualifications and professional experiences; and the value they will bring to the Institute’s curricula as well as GALCIT’s research program.
2. a 1-2 page teaching statement, including approach to and philosophy of teaching.
3. a 1-2 page diversity and inclusion statement that discusses past and/or anticipated contributions to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, and/or outreach.
4. a curriculum vitae.
5. a list of papers published and submitted with refereed papers indicated.
6. the names and email addresses of at least four reference letter writers.